Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cale, robots and rambling

What would you think if you went to someone's house and they had a very large painting of thier child in their living room? And by large, I mean huge, bigger than the child is tall? In other words do you think it would be tacky to hang this in my living room?
november2006 002
Its about 40" square. And Kevin thinks that its weird for me to want to hang it in the living room. He thinks it looks like we love our child too much. How is it any different from family photographs though?

Anyways, this week has been rough so far. Cale has been mouthy. And its getting to me. And my neck hurts. I don't know if I slept on it wrong, or if its stress or what, but it hurts.
On the plus side though, I got to be a pattern tester for Wee Wonderfuls new Robot pattern.
The pattern is wonderful and easy and cute and I highly recommend that you watch for when it goes on sale so you can buy it. The spaceboy might be even cuter than the robot!
Also I learned how to make pastelillos which is kind of like an empanada, so I see lots of spin offs from that recipe coming soon, including dessert empanadas!
Also, I made the absolute best dessert this weekend. It was very impressive and no cooking was involved! I made chocolate truffles and they were sooooo good! Even my dessert-hating husband loved them. I would suggest to use less oreos than it says though so more of the cream cheese flavor comes out.

My Thanksgiving menu is all planned and although it appears that we are cooking for many, I think its just us this year. I can't believe its next week! Being gone for a month in a hot state like Florida really took Fall away! Its already almost gone. There are no trees to admire here so we'll just have to pretend its not green and lush outside still. At least its chilly...sometimes.

The other day while thumbing through Pottery Barns Kids catalog, I ran across this advent calendar and fell in love. Advent calendars were not part of our Christmas tradition while growing up. When I saw the idea to put activities in it, instead of treats, I knew it needed to be implemented in our house. So now, I'm working on one for myself. The squares are cut and I have each one planned out, some the same, some different. My husband was like you going to plan 25 activities? No. That's where I cheat a little. Using my MOMS Club calendar, community activities, and our trip to Germany, it really doesn't leave many days to plan! So we'll make cookies, watch silly Christmas movies, make ornaments, decorate the tree and stuff like that. Plus crafts. Cale loves scissors and a glue stick! I'm pretty excited about those aspects of Christmas.
Pssst. I'll show you what's on my list: a new sewing machine. I want it now!!!! It does lots of pretty stitches and automatic buttonhole. And its reasonably priced, plus comes with free quilting feet! I really think mine is on its last legs. Or at least needs servicing, but no one in Italy works on Kenmores. With shipping, it probably is cheaper to just buy a new one. Sorry Kenny, I loved you but I've met someone new. I fell in love with his blanketstitch capabilities.
What's on your list this year?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

I have the Brother version of the sewing machine you are eyeing and it is fabulous. I really like the new quilting options. Hope you get it.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will love that machine! I have the same one, Regan xoxoxo. and just so you know I read this!

11:16 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

hey, thanks for the machine info -- it will be added to my list!

and i Can Not Wait for the space boy and robot patterns to come out. i am *so* excited. finally, something to make my boys.

we do the lego advent calendars every year. i wrote about some of them last year because i got the city set, which included a jewel thief. because nothing says holidays like stealing from others.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home