Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Funny Bunny

Cale has this friend who is not quite real, but too real to be imaginary. He's visible anyways. Bunny has surpassed Monkey George, Pooh, Doggie and Roars to be Cale's new bestest friend.
August2006 090
Bunny is apparently very mischievous because Cale is constantly putting him in Time Out. They snuggle, Cale rocks Bunny (because he is also a baby), he asks Bunny if he is okay. Cale makes me hold Bunny a certain way. Cale comforts Bunny when he is afraid (usually of Monsters.) He feeds him and shares his juice with Bunny.
At this point I'm more amused than worried. I know that Cale wants a sister. He tells me all the time. I think this is his way of showing me that he would be a great brother (or he's a very lonely kid with a big imagination.) I wish I could be so sure that I want another baby though. Even though I have names picked out and nurseries designed in my mind, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to make my life hard again. Its so easy now. One of my close friends is pregnant and we had always planned to have our second children around the same time. But I see how sick she is and how tired she it and I'm more confused than ever.
For now, we've decided to wait to decide. We have a ton of traveling coming up and maybe after we see Europe (and Egypt, please please please) we will know more.

Wow, I turned what was supposed to be a cute post about my cute kid into something really serious. Maybe I got high from the E6000 glue I was using earlier. :D

4 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

Mmmm.... glue fumes.

When we decided to have our second, one of the main reasons was to make Griffin realize he wasn't the center of the universe. And I totally understand what you mean about making everything hard again.

We don't plan on having anymore, and I'm quite certain my world would crash down on me if we did. To start that all over, the sleepless nights, constant feedings, being half awak and half asleep all the time... it's a tough decision.

4:48 PM  
Blogger MéLisa said...

First off that is too cute that he has made that bunny into such a great friend!
Second don’t feel bad about the baby thing. It’s a scary decision to have to make. We are struggling with trying to figure out having #1. There are 11 years between hubby & I & I turned 31 this year. So we kind of need to be moving in that direction if we are going to, but things are really hard for just the two of us right now. We have a terrible house situation playing out with no end in sight, but do we really want to wait much longer? We have been sort of trying for a year with no results so maybe it’s not even in the cards…. Who knows. I think that whatever you decide will the right decision for you. Good luck!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading about bunny and Cale. So cute and sweet.
Secondly, I get the 2nd baby doubts and wonderings.
It sounds like you have some exciting travel to do first though...then, maybe the big decision.
good luck!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the other side . . . my second "baby" just turned six. I waited 2 1/2 years before becoming pregnant after the first one b/c of similar worries. Second time around? It was easier b/c I just enjoyed spending the odd hours with him and resigned myself to the lack of schedule, knowing there'd be no more. My first was very amenable and pleased to have a sibling, boring as her baby brother was. There were some tough days but when they play together now with their "Secretland," secret languages, and shared room (even for a boy and girl!) I know it was all worth it. Good luck - tough decision.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home