Wednesday, August 30, 2006

How I spent Sunday

On August 27th, 1999, I fell in love with my husband and we've been together ever since. Honestly I think we were in love before this, but this is the day we celebrate as our anniversary of being together. Sunday we celebrated our 8th year of happiness. On that wonderful day 8 year ago, he took me out and missed the exit for the restaurant 3 times before getting it right. I must have been really captivating! And beautiful, did I say beautiful? Anyways, it only seemed appropriate that we spend this day adventurously too. So we headed out to Gole dell' Alacantara (Alacantara Gorge). And we got lost. Several times. But once we found it, it was gorgeous!

My creation

The water was freezing. Not like, oh, that's cold, but ouch, my legs have no feeling anymore. And no my husband couldn't be satisfied hanging out right by the stairs. We had to climb rocks and walk through rapids that threatened to take my shoes from my feet. But we finally found a pretty secluded area. In typical Italian fashion, we were surrounded within 15 minutes.
Cale had a great time throwing rocks. He hit a lady so his dad put him in timeout. So then the little boogerhead threw another rock and hit me! In the face!

We had a nice afternoon and on the way back, walked through the cave part. It looks like french fries.
August2006 066-1
Here you can see the french fries. And the man in a speedo and the other man whose package you can also see who's wearing a funny hat. (sorry guys, when you don't move for my picture, you end up on my blog.) Those things really leave nothing to the imagination!

After seeing all those french fries, we were hungry so we went to McDonalds. McD's is the only fast food here. And it is nothing like the states. Its serious stuff!! People dress up to go. The food is decent and doesn't make you sick! Its quite worthy of taking pictures when you go to McDonalds in Sicily.

And that was our day. This weekend we really wanted to go to The Zingaro Nature Reserve. It looks beautiful. We planned on camping nearby but then we heard about the bacteria in the water. :( Now I'm not sure where we will go. Its a 3 day weekend (possibly 4) so we wanted a pretty nice trip. We were going to go to Palermo, the capital city of Sicily. We wanted to see the catacombs that holds all the mummies. And I really wanted to go see Mr Nino and buy some of his lovely pottery. Its my favorite here. So now I'm sad and pouty faced. Where will we go now?

PS. thanks for all the nice comments everyone! They made my day! Jen, I'll try to get some kind of tute up some time soon. Sheena, I'll be glad to teach you! Just name a time. :D

3 Comments:

Blogger *s* said...

Congrats! Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Awesome pictures, it looks really beautiful there. Oh, and the Shexy Italian men... they're just so irresistable.. haha. We were going to go to the catacombs last weekend, until Tony had to go waste our weekend in the ER. :( Hopefully we'll get to go soon, I can't wait.
:)

1:26 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Looks like a lovely weekend!

But that guy in the speedo? Not. So. Lovely.

2:44 PM  
Blogger MéLisa said...

Hahahahaha! You have to love Europeans! They are so less self-conscious then us Americans. Well unless you count the spandex lady you know the type you see at Wal-Mart wearing a tiny spandex outfit that should get her fined by the fashion police.

I hope that you find something great to do this weekend!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home