Friday, September 01, 2006

Welcome September!

Every morning I wake up and hope that the sun won't shine. As negative as that sounds, its not. It never rains here during the summer. I love rainy summer days. I never ever get them here. I miss Norfolk so much. It rained so much there that my grass was always a beautiful green; it almost glowed in the dark!
So today I woke up hoping for the same thing. It was dark outside too so I got real excited. But then I realized that the sun wasn't up yet. And sure enough, it turned out to be another sunny day. They don't call it Sunny Sicily for nothing.

But somehow, as I was avoiding being outside all month, nice weather has snuck up on me, making me realize that Autumn is coming. It has been in the 80s lately. A nice change from the 100+ weather. I love Spring and Autumn the most. Fresh cool air makes me want to do so much. I cleaned my upstairs today for the first time in much too long. My thoughts are turning to other home projects. A garden expansion (and revamp) is in order, plus painting a few things. When we lived in Norfolk, I painted rooms constantly. Paint was cheap and we owned our home so we could do whatever we wanted. I can't paint here (paint costs too much, plus I would have to paint it back white when we moved) so that need for change manifests itself elsewhere. Like the garden.

It looks like we won't be making a big trip this weekend after all, so I'm hoping for a beach day, a trip to the market, and maybe a trip to Castorama (Home Depot type store) for some supplies.

PS. I got the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog and was looking at it with Cale. How freaking cute is this spider?
But I think I like this skeleton even more because Cale thinks its scary. But for $49, I think I will be making it myself. They have really cute trick or treat bags too. Last year Cale wore his costume about 4 times so its worth it. Anyone else thinking about Halloween yet?

3 Comments:

Blogger MéLisa said...

I know what you mean about rainy days. I like it when we get a rainy Saturday. That way I don’t feel bad about spending the day inside sewing, unfortunately we have been having our rain during the week when I am at work. If you want, you can come paint my house! In fact I will even let you pick the colors! I hate painting mainly because of all the crap, er uh, stuff that I have to move to do it. Hope you have a good weekend!!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Griffin is pouring over the costume catalogs we are getting in. He looks at them a few times daily.

Halloween is my favorite!


And I love rain too. Too much sun bums me out.

2:44 PM  
Blogger *s* said...

I don't think it sounds negative either, I love the smell of rain. I've been thinking of Halloween already. I can't make up my mind what to make Carlee.. I wish I had known how isolated it was going to be here, I would of stocked up on a bunch of stuff before they did our packout. Grr.. oh well. Anyway, hey, next time ya'll go to the market and you don't mind a few tagalongs, let me know :) I'd love to go to one.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home