Monday, June 12, 2006

Sunday

We went to the Catania Antique Market. I love it because its filled with junk. The other antique markets we have been to have been full of ancient, very expensive furniture. The stuff is beautiful but not my style. And most of the time, it is so huge that it would never fit into a standard American house. Most homes cannot accomodate a 10 foot tall armoire.


I love these. They will go in my kitchen. Maybe i can get my husband to hang the curtains soon too!

We bought this for 12 euro!! The man originally said 15 but while we were asking each other if he said 15 or 50, he lowered it to 12. It needs a lot more cleaning.

I'm not sure where this is going or even how to hang it, but I knew I had to have it. I was so surprised that my husband agreed to buy it! He normally says no to anything with flowers. The flowers are ceramic. When I first found out we were moving to Italy, I promised myself I would buy one of these. Its really big, almost as big as Cale, so close to 3 feet tall.
Sunday was a good day.

There's another antique market nearby that happens every 3rd Saturday. Wouldn't you know that it just happens to fall on Father's Day this month. I'm hoping Kevin will want to go. Yeah right.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome finds! That chandelier is so groovy!

6:21 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

But Father's Day is on Sunday!

And I agree with Angela -- everything rocks!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff! That chandelier is such a great find.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Saucy said...

I like your blog, thanks for visiting mine. I hope your bee sting is better.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home