Thursday, May 11, 2006

Explaining my absence

My foot is better which is great for me and bad for blogging.

Here's what I've been up to:

It's that time of year: Birthday Season. Apparently lots of other parents planned their children's birthdays a little better that we did. We always enjoy a good birthday party though. (I have been to more parties here than I ever did growing up.)


Feeling better means being able to take Cale to the park. (So this was the same day as the birthday party, but we have been going a lot.)


It also means being able to attend MOMS club events. I have never talked about it but I'm a member of our neighborhood's MOMS club. It is one of the best things about the neighborhood and I am so thankful for it. One mom described it as a way to keep from going crazy. Its true. I joined it just as much for me as for my son. I have made such wonderful friends and we have a tons of fun. I recently ran for the board and made secretary. These are crafts we made for mother's day. Honestly I made them while Cale kind of sat back, but it was fun anyways. In a few weeks I'm doing an adult craft class and I'm really excited about it. I'm doing freezer paper stencils.


I never posted pics of the goodies I received from Jennifer for winning a contest about a Mrs. Beasley doll.

I like how the gummy frogs say "Fresh and chewy." That's just how I like my frogs. If only the frogs I find in my yard were this cute, then I wouldn't scream. I would want to pick them up and cuddle them. But they're gross so I scream and run.
And I want to says thanks again. It did make me smile. Plus it was cute watching my son say "ribbit ribbit" and hop.

AND

Some stretchy frogs on the wall. My husband discovered that when you throw them at the wall, they stick. (No one has noticed them yet and I've had lots of people over.)



My best embroidery work ever. This is what a few days on the couch produced. I love embroidery. It's crafting at its best! The shirt has 2 sparrows, one on each side. I can't wait to wear it.


Quilt blocks. I am halfway finished with this part. Lots of fun so far, but I'll be glad to be finished. My next quilt (a throw sized blanket) is already planned out and I'm way more excited about it.


New supplies. I order stuff online like crazy, especially craft supplies. I am so excited about this felt. Its regular craft felt but I was able to get pretty colors like turquoise and hot pink. I got it at MisterArt. I am expecting stuff from Joann's and Sacred Kitsch Studio as well.

I really want to order the new Amy Butler halter pattern soon. I think it would look pretty with some Denise Schmidt fabric so I'm just trying to keep an eye open for an online shop that sells both.

In addition to all of that I'm in the middle of crafting for theBaby/Kid Swap Round 3. Its kind of hard crafting for people you don't know. It makes making choices a lot harder, so it's taking me a while to narrow my choices down. But I think it should turn out pretty well.

2 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

I love the old 50s material of the little boys in rockets -- and the Michael Miller robot material is awesome too (I used a differnt one from the line on a few projects, that stuff is seriously getting harder and harder to find).

I was a member of MOMS Club when Griffin was younger, and it was great (unfortunately, a big falling out happened and now the club has disbanned, but I still have a lot of the friends I made there).

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link to Sacred Kitsch Studio!! I just found 37 things there that I must have.

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home