Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hot Mitt Monthly for May

With a few hours left to spare before May becomes June, I am posting my entry for Hot Mitt Monthly. (Actually there is still 9 hours left, but it sounds better saying "a few".) The theme for May was "Anything Flower Pot Holder", but for some reason I read it as Flower Pot- Potholder. So technically it is still anything flower. :D So in my son's 2 hour nap today, I made this. Let me just say that potholders are not easy to make. I made 2 once with binding and the curse words were flowing freely. I recently embroidered 2 more and they were also a pain. So props to those who can make them without saying the eff word or beating up their sewing machine.


Here you see it in all of it's glory. A flower in a pot.

Here they are seperately. The pot is a (small) potholder. The flower is finger mitts.

See? This shows the back side. The pot has a little pocket to hold the flower. The flower looks like a weird shaped maxipad, huh?

And with a little imagination, my flower mitt becomes a monster. Thanks Cale for pointing this out to me!! Aren't kids the best?

They aren't suited for heavy duty work due to the small size, but I think they would work fine for say, getting a pizza out of the oven.

3 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

So cute!

Do you have to use special anti-flamible materials and battings?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Well, I think it's super cute, and I'm so glad you participated!!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post made me giggle. I would definitely have been saying a few choice words LOL Your pot holder is really cute. Nice job!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home