Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I knitted! I received a kid's learn to knit kit from my husband for Christmas. It came with plastic needles which he broke before I got the chance to even try. The book that came with it was also lame. So I ordered myself some needles and Stitch n Bitch because everyone says its the best. I did this without really telling my husband and he asked his mom to get me the same book and needles. We received them on the same day. SO now I have TONS of needles!!! I can actually make the cool case they show in the book. She sent me circulars, double pointed needles and regular needles. Some are plastic (because they are GIANT), some aluminum, but most of them are bamboo. So I sat down Saturday afternoon and tried my hand at knitting. 3 days later I have a swatch that's about 2 X 3 inches. Its almost flawless, except for one hole where I dropped a stitch and didn't know what to do. I'm pretty proud. My first project will be wristbands. I really need some. :D They might just end up being plain jane ones though because I don't know if I'm up to the patterns yet.
By the way, I'm giving my second copy of the book to a new friend. I know she's trying to learn as well and this may be the beginning of a crafty friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home